Why Can Craft Beer?
Americans recycled nearly 55.5 billion aluminum cans last year, increasing the recycling rate to 57.4 percent - its highest level since 2000. Consumers recognize the value of infinitely recyclable aluminum cans Ė choosing a beverage in an aluminum can and then recycling it is one of the easiest ways beverage companies and consumers can help reduce their environmental footprint. Consider:
- Cans go where glass can not.
- Cans have the highest recycling rate of any beverage container in the U.S., far higher than glass and plastic.
- The average aluminum can is made from 68 percent total recycled content, the highest of any beverage container.
- Cans provide long shelf life by protecting products inside from light, oxygen and other factors which can affect taste and even product safety.
- Cans donít shatter and are among the lightest beverage packages to transport, reducing their environmental footprint.
- Cans go from the recycling bin to store shelves within 60 days. Making cans from recycled metal takes 95 percent less energy and 95 percent less greenhouse gas emissions than using new metal.
- The aluminum can is the only package that more than covers its recycling costs, helping to finance the collection and recycling of other materials such as glass and plastic.
**For those of you who just love the bottle, dont worry, we will still offer barrel aged, high gravity, and seasonal specials in bottles, you'll just have to ask nicely. You can always pour the contents into your favorite beer mug too.